Jesse G. Ainlay practices primarily in the areas of complex products liability and toxic tort litigation, representing clients in cases pending in both Massachusetts Superior Court and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Jesse’s practice also includes representation of clients in the areas of medical malpractice, premises liability, complex civil and business litigation, and insurance and reinsurance coverage matters.
Jesse serves as part of the firm’s national coordinating counsel team, which manages products liability and toxic tort litigation for a Fortune 500 company in jurisdictions across the country. In the role of national coordinating counsel, he is responsible for trial preparation in high-profile cases, in addition to the selection and development of experts in industrial hygiene, pathology, materials science and state-of-the-art. Jesse’s role also regularly includes assistance with corporate compliance audits and insurance/reinsurance arbitration matters.
In addition to his trial practice, Jesse is an Assistant Adjunct Professor with Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, where he teaches a course through the University’s Distance Learning Program on the topic of occupational safety and health. Jesse also serves as Editor of the Toxic Tort Litigation Guide, a four-volume treatise authored by Lawrence G. Cetrulo, which serves as the leading treatise on toxic tort litigation in the United States.
When away from the office, Jesse is an avid sports enthusiast. He currently runs the firm’s summer softball team and is a member of the firm’s basketball team. Jesse enjoys playing golf and spending time with his family on the water in their hometown of Marblehead, Massachusetts.
Jesse also dedicates his time outside the office to work with several non-profit organizations, including Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center, the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, and the Art Therapy Credentials Board.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers- Rising Star, 2013-2016
- Joseph A. Merenda Endowed Scholarship, Recipient
- Phi Delta Phi Professional Responsibility Award, Recipient
- Suffolk Transnational Law Review, Editorial Board, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Helped secure victory for Fortune 500 company in complex insurance coverage arbitration filed against reinsurer to enforce insured’s rights under existing coverage in place agreement.
- Attained favorable settlement for premises owner in case alleging life-threatening injury caused by exposure to asbestos-containing insulation disturbed by a subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment for boiler manufacturer in case alleging that work on and around industrial boilers were the cause of Plaintiff’s mesothelioma.
- Successfully negotiated dismissal of claim against chemical company in case in which Plaintiff alleged injury caused by his work with phenolic resins.
- Mother Caroline Academy & Education Center, Annual Benefit Dinner Committee, 2012, 2014
- Art Therapy Credentials Board, Ethics Officer, 2014- Present
- Boston Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2009 - Present
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2010
- Member, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, 2008
- Defense Research Institute, 2010
- Holy Cross Lawyers Association
Rethinking Daimler: Examining the Ways that Plaintiffs Seek to Narrow Daimler v. Bauman, For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, November 2016
The Four Pillars of Industrial Hygiene Testimony, The Synergist, August 2012
- Occupational Laws & Compliance, Tulane School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, Distance Learning Program (Summer 2011, 2015)
- “Inside the Millennial Mind: Effective Practices to Win over the Next Generation Juror”, Moderator, Perrin Conference: Asbestos Litigation National Overview & Outlook, San Francisco, California, September 2016
- “There and Back Again - Tales and Advice on How to Win Your Cases at Trial, Satisfy Your Clients and Keep Your Partners Happy, All at the Same Time”, Moderator, Perrin Conference: Cutting Edge in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, California, March 2016
- “Meet & Greet the Experts”, Moderator, Perrin Conference: Asbestos Litigation National Overview & Outlook, San Francisco, California, September 2015