Michael J. CahalaneAssociate
- Massachusetts, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2010
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 2005
- B.A., Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, 2002
Mike’s practice focuses on multi-jurisdictional, multi-party complex litigation. He also handles products liability and commercial litigation. Mike practices regularly in the Massachusetts Superior Court and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Additionally, he serves on a national coordinating counsel team managing litigation in jurisdictions across the country.
During his tenure in law school and prior to his graduation, Mike worked as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Ralph D. Gants. He gained experience as a law clerk at an international financial management firm in the Fund Administration Legal Department. Additionally, he worked as a law clerk for a Honolulu, Hawaii, firm specializing in civil defense litigation, and a Providence, Rhode Island, firm that handled various types of litigation, including asbestos defense.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Trenwick America Reinsurance Corporation and Unum Life Insurance Company of America v. IRC, Inc. et al., 764 F.Supp.2d 274 (D. Mass. 2011)
- Panel Counsel, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Boston Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
Past Is Prologue: Still No Service for Cell Phone Radiation Litigation, For The Defense Magazine, December, 2011.
Contributing Author, Product Liability Case Law Update, Presented at 2010 DRI Product Liability Conference, April 2010.