Susan Jackson represents clients before trial courts, appellate courts and various administrative agencies. She has extensive experience in product liability defense, construction litigation, shareholder disputes and employment matters, including the enforcement and defense of non-competition agreements. Ms. Jackson is an adjunct faculty member at the University of Massachusetts lecturing graduates and undergraduates in various business courses including business law, public policy, and strategic management.
Ms. Jackson had a private practice representing individuals, corporations and insurance companies in a broad spectrum of commercial disputes which were successfully resolved through alternative dispute resolution or trial. She has defended cases involving catastrophic personal injury as well as property damage arising from product failure. Prior to private practice, Ms. Jackson was an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Boston representing the city in court proceedings arising out of medical malpractice, civil rights violations and other municipal issues. She also served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Ms. Jackson obtained her law degree from Boston University Law School. She is admitted to practice before the state and federal courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, as well as the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Jackson has argued appellate matters before the Appeals Court, the Supreme Judicial Court and the First Circuit Court of Appeals. She is a member of the American, Massachusetts, Boston and Women's Bar Associations, Defense Research Institute, and Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers. She is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Women's Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Boston Athenaeum
- Strategic Management, University of Massachusetts (2002-2006)
- Public Policy, University of Massachusetts (1990-2006)
- Business Law, University of Massachusetts (1988-Present)
- Expert Discovery, MCLE (2003)
- Health Care Policy, University of Massachusetts (2004)
- Organizational Change, University of Massachusetts (2006)