Deirdre Foley is an Associate Attorney in Cetrulo LLP’s Boston office. Her practice is focused primarily upon complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on toxic tort and asbestos litigation. Ms. Foley also has interest and experience in the areas of criminal law, alternative dispute resolution, and contract negotiation. Deirdre is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts.
Prior to joining Cetrulo LLP, Ms. Foley worked as an assistant district attorney in Essex County, Massachusetts and prosecuted criminal misdemeanor and felony offenses throughout each district court in the county. As a prosecutor, she successfully litigated over fifty jury trials and conducted a broad spectrum of motions practice, in addition to having guided and evaluated the trajectory of cases from investigation to disposition stages. Before her time as an assistant district attorney, Ms. Foley also drafted and negotiated contractual agreements on behalf of the Offices for Sponsored Programs for both Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and completed a legal clerkship for the Honorable Garrett McManus.
Ms. Foley received her Juris Doctor from Northeastern University School of Law in 2014, where she delivered the Commencement Address for her graduating class, and served as co-captain of the Mediation Team; she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of the Holy Cross, where she completed a double major in Africana Studies and Philosophy, and was awarded the Carter G. Woodson Medal for excellence in African-American studies.
When away from the office, Deirdre enjoys spending time with friends and loved ones, boxing, attending Celtics games, and practicing yoga. Deirdre has been a mentor through Big Sister for six years, and in the summer enjoys being out on the water as much as possible.
- Commencement Speaker at Northeastern University School of Law, 2014
- First Place Winner, International Alternative Dispute Resolution Tournament, March 2013
- Mediation Team Co-Captain , Northeastern University School of Law, 2012-2014
- Carter G. Woodson Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement in African-American Studies, College of the Holy Cross, May 2011
- Holy Cross Alumni Club of Boston, 2011-present
- Big Brothers/Big SIsters of Boston, Mentor, 2012-present
- Stop the Violence Campaign, Lynn, MA, 2018-present
- Boston Bar Association, 2015-present
- Women’s Bar Association, 2015-present