Kyle E. BjornlundPartner
- Massachusetts, 2005
- Maine, 2007
- Vermont, 2014
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 2005
- B.A., Nazareth College of Rochester, 1999
Kyle practices in the Toxic Tort Litigation Group of Cetrulo LLP. He is part of a team that represents Fortune 100 companies as local, regional, and national coordinating counsel in toxic tort litigation. Kyle has successfully defended clients in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont in multi-party, multi-jurisdictional, mass tort litigation alleging injuries from exposure to asbestos, lead pigment, benzene, talc, and radiation. He has also been retained by prospective buyers to perform risk management assessments of the toxic tort liabilities of acquisition “target” companies.
- Kyle was selected by his peers as a Massachusetts Super Lawyers/Rising Star each year from 2009 to 2017.
- Kyle is the Chair of the Toxic Tort Substantive Law Committee of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association.
- The Station Nightclub Fire Litigation: Kyle represented a building products manufacturer in the civil litigation arising out of the 2003 fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick, Rhode Island, involving over 550 plaintiffs, 98 defendants, and a collective settlement of $176 Million.
- Cabasug v. Crane, 989 F. Supp. 2d 1027 (2013) Hawaii Asbestos Litigation: Kyle successfully obtained summary judgment for two defendants in the Hawaii asbestos litigation.
- Danvers Explosion: Kyle successfully represented a chemical company in the civil litigation arising out of a 2006 explosion in Danversport, MA.
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Board of Directors and Chair of the Toxic Tort Substantive Law Committee, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Steering Committee, Boston Bar Association, 2015 Annual Meeting
The Man Behind the Curtain: How Third Party Litigation may be affecting Your Practice, For the Defense Magazine, July 2015.
Donovan: Ominous Portents, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2009.
Getting It Right From the Start: Managing BPA Litigation Sensibly, Drawing Lessons From Other Toxic Torts, Defense Research Institute, 2009.
A ‘Duty’ Too Far? Courts Tackle ‘Component Parts Liability’, American Bar Association, Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Committee Newsletter, Fall/Winter, 2010-2011.
Federal MDL Centralization: The Mystique of the Process & Why It Matters, For The Defense Magazine, 2011.
- Occupational Laws & Compliance, Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, Distance Learning Program, Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Opioid Epidemic: A Survey of Recent Developments in Massachusetts and Nationally, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Seminar (April 11, 2018, Boston, MA)
- Litigating Cases in a Post-OSHA Paradigm: Views from Both Sides of the Aisle, Cutting-Edge Issues In Asbestos Litigation Conferences – Perrin Conferences (March 8-9, 2018, Beverly Hills, CA)
- Defending Lung Cancer Cases, Asbestos Defense Strategic Summit - Perrin Conferences (November 9, 2016, New Orleans, LA)
- Practical Considerations for Expert Challenges: 1st Annual Asbestos Litigation Strategies ExecuSummit (December 2, 2014, Uncasville, CT)
- Expert Disclosures: Recent State and Federal Changes, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Annual Meeting & Spring Seminar (May 31, 2013, Boston, MA)
- Preventing Your Expert Testimony From Being Limited or Excluded, 22nd Annual National Expert Witness Conference, SEAK, Inc. (April 29, 2013, Chicago, IL)
- Latest Developments in the Federal MDL, Asbestos Litigation Update: Emerging Trends & Trial Skills, HB Litigation Conferences (July 19, 2011, Audiocast)
- Latest Developments in the Federal MDL, 4th Annual Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation, HB Litigation Conferences (April 7-8, 2011, Chicago, IL)
- Current Status of the Asbestos MDL, National Asbestos Conference: Litigation and Trial of MDL Asbestos Claims in Federal Court, Harris Martin Conferences (February 24-25, 2011, Miami, FL)
- The Latest Developments in MDL 875: From Graveyard to the New Frontier?, Annual Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation, HB Litigation Conferences (March 4-5, 2010, Marina del Rey, CA)