Steve Rossetti is a partner in Cetrulo LLP’s Boston office. Steve focuses his civil litigation practice on toxic tort litigation, the defense of industry-wide toxic tort claims and commercial litigation. He represents companies and individuals in complex product liability, employment litigation, personal injury and premise liability claims. In addition, he is counsel for a Fortune 500 multinational electricity and gas utility company’s asbestos litigation and serves as part of a national coordinating counsel team that manages toxic tort litigation throughout the United States for several companies. In this role, Steve directs all aspects of the client’s defense, including discovery strategy, preparation and defense of corporate representative witnesses, motion practice, trial preparation, and settlement negotiations.
Steve has extensive experience with respect to the utility, energy and telecom industry. This experience includes resolving disputes before and during litigation with respect to utility-related construction and construction site accidents, work zone accident related litigation, energy-efficiency/renewable energy related litigation, and general liability matters. Steve also has extensive experience advising corporations regarding litigation risk.
In 2018, Steve obtained the designation of Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP) after completing studies at the Litigation Management Institute at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Steve resides in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. In his free time, Steve enjoys coaching baseball, playing golf and spending time with his wife, Jill, and three sons, Matthew, John and Ryan.
- Suffolk Transnational Law Review, Member (2000-2001); Chief Lead Articles Editor (2001-2002)
- Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP), Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Loyola University Chicago School of Law (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Preeminent™ Peer Rated
- Settled commercial dispute between owner and general contractor regarding large scale electric transmission project.
- Successfully resolved wrongful death lawsuit, following mediation, arising out of work-zone traffic accident.
- Obtained dismissal in Massachusetts Superior Court action on behalf of Utility against customer alleging improper utility billing/collection activity.
- Chelmsford Youth Baseball, Chelmsford, MA - Board of Directors, Coach
- Veterans, Inc., Worcester, MA - Volunteer
- Boston Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- The Evolving Nature of Toxic Tort Claims – the New Plaintiffs, New Defendants and the Latest in Exposure, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Southeast Conference, Orlando, Florida (October 2019 )
- Hot Topics in Public Utility Litigation, Defense Research Institute (DRI), Online Webinar (March 2019 )
- Lead in Drinking Water: Should you be Worried?, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Southeast Conference, Atlanta, Georgia (November 2018 )
Prior to rejoining Cetrulo LLP, Steve served as Senior Counsel in the litigation group for National Grid. In this role, Steve oversaw National Grid’s toxic tort and asbestos litigation. He also handled commercial litigation, construction litigation, tort litigation, internal investigations, and advised National Grid’s leadership on risk management.
Earlier in his career, Steve worked as an associate at a Massachusetts law firm which handled construction and labor and employment litigation matters. In addition, Steve was also associated with Boston law firms where his practice focused on insurance defense and product liability defense litigation.