Samuel P. Sears, Jr.Of-Counsel
- J.D., Cum Laude, Order of Coif, Editor, Law Review, Boston College Law School, Newton, Massachusetts, 1968
- B.A., Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1965
Sam specializes in corporate and business law, commercial leasing and other real estate transactions, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, finance and business dispute resolution.
Sam has extensive experience not only in the legal arena but also in the business world. After 25 years practicing corporate and business law on behalf of two major firms in Boston, Sam went into business with former clients in Virginia, successfully leading an agri-chemical company to public ownership and coordinating with private equity investors the acquisition of a national specialty mail order prescription pharmaceutical corporation.
Sam returned to the practice of law in 2007 with Cetrulo LLP. He also acts as Managing Partner of the Firm.
Mr. Sears has two abiding passions—his five children and seven grandchildren, and sports. He has been active as a coach of youth sports teams.
- Associate, Burns & Levinson, Boston, Massachusetts, 1968-1973
- Partner, Burns & Levinson, 1974-1993 (Managing Partner, 1981-1993)
- Of Counsel, Dewey & Leboeuf, Boston, Massachusetts, 1993-1994
- Chief Executive Officer, Star Scientific Corp., Petersburg, Virginia, 1994-2000
- Private Legal and Financial Consulting, 2001-2006
- Director (1977-1994), Member of Executive Committee (1991-1994), Chairman of the Ad Hoc Committee on Management Assessment (1992-1993), Independent Bank Corporation, Parent of Rockland Trust Company, Rockland Massachusetts
- Director, Chairman of Compensation Committee, Audit Committee Member, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina
- Member of Board of Directors of six other publicly-owned corporations