Adam Martin is a partner in Cetrulo LLP’s Boston office. Mr. Martin concentrates his practice in products liability, toxic torts, insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation. Mr. Martin is admitted to practice before the bar of Massachusetts, Connecticut and the United States District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Mr. Martin has litigated insurance coverage matters, contract claims, toxic tort actions, product liability claims and personal injury law suits. He has extensive motion practice experience in complex litigation matters and has successfully argued numerous summary judgment motions, discovery related motions, and motions to dismiss. Mr. Martin routinely conducts depositions of plaintiffs, fact witnesses, corporate witnesses and experts in product liability, asbestos, and negligence actions. Since 2017, Mr. Martin has served as National Coordinating Counsel in the asbestos litigation for an equipment manufacturer with active cases in 19 jurisdictions across the country. Mr. Martin successfully argued before the Massachusetts Appeals Court in a case of first impression in the Commonwealth. In addition to his litigation experience, he has successfully resolved matters through arbitration and mediation, thus reducing transaction costs for the benefit of his clients. Mr. Martin has been named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers from 2012-2015.
Mr. Martin completed his B.A. degree in History and Political Science cum laude from Boston College. He received his J.D. from Boston College Law School where he represented indigent clients through the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau. Mr. Martin is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, Newton, Massachusetts, 2005
- B.A. History & Political Science, Cum Laude, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Phi Alpha Theta (National History Honor Society), Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 2002
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Boston College Alumni Association
- Successfully arbitrated slip and fall action in which Plaintiff alleged that current medical condition was result of slip and fall and not prior and unrelated injuries.
- Obtained summary judgment for product manufacturer in case alleging that asbestos-containing component parts were the cause of Plaintiff’s mesothelioma.
- Obtained defense verdict in Massachusetts small claims court action in breach of contract matter.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2015