Karlene Manley practices in the area of civil litigation with a focus on toxic tort, asbestos, talc, and products liability litigation. Karlene represents companies both locally and nationally with their toxic tort and asbestos litigation. Karlene also serves as part of a national coordinating counsel team for a Fortune 500 company, which manages all aspects of litigation in jurisdictions throughout the country including preparation of corporate witnesses, expert witnesses and drafted nationwide discovery. She has defended toxic tort claims involving premises and products including refineries, chemical plants, shipyards, oil fields, boilers, brakes and other automobile components, resins, pipes, and cosmetic talc.
Karlene has worked to establish and maintain procedures for companies to comply with mandatory settlement reporting for the Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 (MMSEA Section 111).
Prior to joining Cetrulo LLP as an associate, Karlene worked as a paralegal and as a law clerk in the toxic tort group of the firm.
- J.D., Dean’s List 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2015, Suffolk University Law School, 2015
- B.A., magna cum laude, Northeastern University, 2009
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- RI Bar Association
- RI Women’s Bar Association
- Take Note of Employment Law Changes before Expanding your Practice , Massachusetts Lawyers Journal, January/February 2016.
Presentations, Classes & Seminars Taught
- “A View From the Bench – Judicial Advice and Insights for Young Lawyers in Asbestos Litigation”, Moderator, Perrin Conference: Asbestos Litigation, National Overview & Outlook (San Francisco, CA, 10/2/2018)