Scott focuses his practice on insurance defense, construction, employment, commercial, products liability and toxic tort litigation. Scott has successfully tried more than thirty jury trials to a verdict. Additionally, Scott has conducted numerous bench trials, arbitrations, expert depositions, mediations and dispositive hearings in state courts as well as administrative hearings. In addition to his trial practice, Scott provides training to associates and insurance professionals on litigation practice and various areas impacting the insurance industry. Scott has garnered notable jury verdicts in defending personal injury cases. For example, Scott obtained a defense verdict in a three-week trial in Middlesex Superior Court concerning negligent security actions brought by several injured patrons who alleged a permanent brain injury and other serious injuries. Scott obtained a defense verdict in Suffolk Superior Court in a rear-end accident where the plaintiff’s medical expert had opined that the plaintiff sustained a permanent back injury. Additionally, he attained a defense verdict in Suffolk Superior Court in a motor vehicle accident in which the plaintiff claimed a permanent brain injury and had declined an offer of the defendant’s general liability policy limits, favorable verdicts for his clients in multiple construction litigation matters, and defense verdicts in multiple premises liability matters.
In addition to his litigation practice, Scott counsels clients on risk mitigation, risk transfer and alternative dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Cetrulo, Scott served as a Supervising Attorney for a multi-national insurer’s staff counsel office where he was part of the management team responsible for starting the staff counsel office and growing it to encompass three states and more than eighteen attorneys.
- J.D., Western New England School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts, 1998
- B.S., Boston College, 1993
- Boston Inn of Court
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Trial Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Holliston Youth Basketball
- Holliston Youth Soccer
- Board Member of Holliston Housing Development Corporation
Presentations, Classes & Seminars Taught
- “Snow and Ice Law in Massachusetts and Investigative Techniques”
- “Litigation Training for Claims Professionals: Complaint to Trial”
- “What is Risk Transfer?”
- “Golchin v. Liberty: Chapter 93A and the Coordination of Med Pay Benefits”
- Two mock trials focusing on social host liability
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2007-08 and 2011