Hsuanyeh’s practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, and post-grant proceedings (ex parte reexam, inter partes review, etc.) before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also counsels clients on other intellectual property issues, such as, copyright, trade secrets and licensing.
Dr. Chang believes that the key to competent representation in intellectual property matters is the ability to quickly and fully understand the technology involved in each case. Because of his broad knowledge base in the sciences, he has successfully procured patents for inventions in various technologies, including computer software/hardware, semiconductor, electronics, mechanics, optics, medical devices, nanotechnology, bioassay, liquid crystal displays (LCD), organic light emitting diodes (OLED), wired and wireless telecommunication, electronic circuits, and digital/analog signal processing.
Dr. Chang also has experiences formulating in-house patent strategies, managing patent portfolio, licensing intellectual property, performing due diligence and freedom to operate analysis, designing around competitor’s patents, and training R&D engineers on patent law basics.
Prior to law school, Dr. Chang worked as a technology specialist in an international IP boutique firm and as an in-house patent agent in a nanotechnology company. At this point, he has more than 10-years of accumulated intellectual property experiences in both law firm and in-house settings.
In addition to English, Dr. Chang is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and conversational in German.
- J.D., Suffolk University School of Law, 2012
- Ph.D., Physics, City University of New York, 2007
- B.S./M.S., Applied Physics, Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan, 1997
- AA English/German, Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages, Taiwan
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association, International IP Committee, Co-Chair, 2013-2015
Image sensor panel and method for capturing graphical information using same, U.S. Patent No. 9,122,349 (filed April 20, 2015) (issued September 1, 2015).
- Global Fellow of Federal Circuit Bar Association, 2014-2015
- Lawyers of Color Hot List, 2014