Charles E. SheehanAssociate
- Massachusetts, 2014
- Rhode Island, 2016
- Connecticut, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island, 2017
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 2014
- B.A., Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, 2008
Charles is an Associate in the Toxic Tort Group. He practices primarily in the areas of asbestos litigation, premises liability, products liability and toxic tort litigation. He defends individual cases and is also on teams that manage local, regional, and national toxic tort litigation from pre-suit investigation through trial. Charles has experience handling complex litigation matters in all stages of litigation, including drafting written discovery and dispositive motions. Charles also has experience with matters relating to asbestos bankruptcy trusts.
Charles joined Cetrulo LLP as a paralegal after graduating from Brandeis University and later worked as a Law Clerk during his final year at Suffolk University Law School. During law school, he served as the Executive Editor of the Suffolk Transnational Law Review.
Charles played baseball through his college years. When away from the office, Charles enjoys spending time with his family in Rockport, Massachusetts, reading, and watching the Boston Red Sox.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- Executive Editor, Transnational Law Review, 2013 - 2014
- Member of Phi Delta Phi (Legal Honor Society)
- Suffolk University Law School Dean's List
- Best Brief Award in Legal Practice Skills Course, 2012
- Secured dismissals on jurisdictional grounds for mass tort defendant sued in state court in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Secured dismissal of all claims against a building supply company in state court in Massachusetts alleging that the company's negligence led to plaintiff to contract mesothelioma.
- Boston Bar Association, 2014-present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2014-present
- Defense Research Institute, 2014-present
- Rhode Island Bar Association, 2016-present
Combating Somali Pirates, Fourth Circuit Casts Warning by Holding Piracy Includes Failed Attempts, 36 Suffolk Transnat’l L. Rev. 267
Eleventh Circuit Holds Private Commercial Arbitration Panel , Is A “Tribunal” For Purposes of 28 U.S.C. § 1782, 36 Suffolk Transnat’l L. Rev. 489