Steve Armato is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Rated attorney that serves as trial counsel for several national and multi-national corporations in complex litigation involving personal injury and wrongful death. Steve has served more than 15 years in the day-to-day management of the firm’s role as court appointed Liaison Counsel in both the Rhode Island and Massachusetts consolidated asbestos dockets consisting of more than 500 active cases. In this capacity, he works extensively with the court, the court appointed Special Master, plaintiffs’ and defense counsel on pre-trial schedules, trial settings, motions, global docket issues, and docket management.
Steve has also served as part of a national coordinating counsel team for several companies that manage thousands of claims, develops and implements trial strategies, and negotiates global and per case settlements throughout the United States. As part of the team, he has participated in the selection and development of expert witnesses, corporate representatives, pathologists, industrial hygienists, material scientists, epidemiologists, and medical historians.
Steve has successfully tried numerous felony criminal, product liability, personal injury, business disputes, and unfair and deceptive trade practices cases to verdict. He has pre-trial and trial experience before Massachusetts and Rhode Island Superior Courts, the United States Federal District Court for the Districts of Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, and General Courts-Martial.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 1992
- B.S., Summa Cum Laude, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, 1989
- Defense Research Institute
- Boston Bar Association
Presentations, Classes & Seminars Taught
- “Update on Talc Litigation”, Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Panelist (2018)
- “Closing in on the Trial Date”, Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar Speaker (2018)
- “Daimler: Where Do We Belong and Where Are We Going”, Perrin Asbestos Litigation Panelist (2016)
- “As Judges See It; Top MIstakes Lawyers Make in Civil Litigation”, Moderator (2015)
- Environmental & Toxic Tort LItigation, MCLE Panelist (2013)
- HBL Northeast Asbestos Litigators/Judges Forum, Panelist on Massachusetts and Rhode Island Overview (2013)
- ACI: Asbestos Summit, Panelist on Epidemiology in the Courtroom (2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Rated
- Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers, 2009
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers, 2020, 2021
- Best Lawyers, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- United States Navy Meritorious Service Medal for service at Naval Reserve, Naval War College 2011-2013