Thomas Balestracci is a Partner in Cetrulo LLP’s Boston office. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, asbestos litigation, and toxic tort litigation.
Thomas is admitted to practice before the bar of Massachusetts, Connecticut and the United States District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts and Connecticut. His practice involves a wide-range of issues, including toxic tort, asbestos, products liability, premises liability, insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation. Thomas also serves on multiple National Coordinating Counsel teams at the firm managing products liability and toxic tort litigation for Fortune 500 companies in jurisdictions across the country. In addition, Thomas has litigated contract claims and mechanic’s liens. Thomas has experience in various aspects of trial preparation, including drafting written discovery, deposing fact witnesses, preparing a range of motions, including discovery and dispositive motions, and settlement negotiation.
Thomas graduated from Brown University in 2007. Thomas was a three-year letterman for the Brown University football team, and was part of the 2005 Ivy League Championship team that won the Brown Bears’ first ever outright Ivy League title.
Upon graduation, Thomas worked for a short period in the financial industry in Boston. In 2009, Thomas joined Cetrulo LLP as a paralegal, and later worked as a law clerk while attending law school. Thomas graduated from New England Law | Boston in 2014. During law school, Thomas co-founded the Business Law Society.
- J.D., New England Law, 2014
- B.A., Brown University, 2007
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Brown Alumni Association
- Successfully negotiated dismissal of claim against supplier of talc in claim alleging personal injuries as a result of plaintiff’s occupational use of talc.
- Successfully negotiated dismissal of claim alleging that asbestos-containing building products were the cause of Plaintiff’s mesothelioma.
- Attained numerous favorable settlements in Connecticut for automotive product manufacturer in cases in which Plaintiffs alleged that asbestos-containing friction products were the causes of their diseases, including mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis.
Presentations, Classes & Seminars Taught
- “There and Back Again – Tales and Advice on How to Win Your Cases at Trial, Satisfy Your Clients and Keep Your Partners Happy, All at the Same Time”, Moderator, Perrin Conference: Cutting Edge in Asbestos Litigation (Beverly Hills, CA March 2016)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2021-2022
- Member of the New Bedford High School All Sports Hall of Fame, 2019
- Member of the New Bedford High School Gridiron Club Hall of Fame, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Business Transactions for Lawyers, 2013
- Eugene C. Swift ’40 Award Winner Awarded by the Brown Club of Philadelphia (PA), in honor of the late Eugene C. Swift ’42. This award is given for character, devotion, fairness and personal courage., 2006